Apply for funding!
Local groups and organisations with great ideas to make their communities even better places to live are now invited to apply for funding to turn their ideas into reality.
Active Communities is a funding programme for community groups and not-for-profit organisations, with an income of less than £350,000 a year or an average of £350,000 over two years.
It's for projects seeking investment of between £5,000 and £50,000 for projects lasting up to two years. We're looking for small and local projects, genuinely designed and run by local people. By small, we mean just a small group of people on an estate, in a few streets or villages.
We're also looking for great ideas from communities of interest. By this we mean a group of people who have things in common and wish to come together to address something that is important to them. These ideas could be based in one neighbourhood, or cover a wider area.
We run a two stage application process that begins with a short online form. There's step by step guidance to help you along the way but if you need any support, please call us on 020 7749 9100 or email us.
Using money raised by society lotteries through The Health Lottery, People's Health Trust has opened Active Communities in the following areas:
- HealthCourage - Hertfordshire, Central Bedfordshire, Luton, Bedford
- HealthTogether - Wiltshire, Bristol and South Gloucestershire
- HealthWhole - Kent and Medway
- HealthRich - Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley and Doncaster
- HealthPromote - Islington, Haringey, Enfield, City of London, Tower Hamlets and Hackney
- HealthDesire - Sandwell, Dudley, Walsall and Wolverhampton
- HealthRegard - Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
Active Communities is opening soon in the following areas:
- HealthCalm - Derby and Derbyshire
- HealthComplete - Lincolnshire
- HealthFreedom - Wandsworth, Richmond on Thames, Kingston upon Thames, Merton, Sutton and Croydon
To find out more, click here.